usb-cameras for stereo imaging.

Vihari Piratla
Hello,
Can anyone suggest me usb cameras... This is my application.
1) I will use a pair of them for stereo imaging.
2) Should have a reasonable resolution (more than 640*480).
3) fps more than 15HZ
4) Not bothered about the interface (usb or firewire anything is fine for
me).
Thank you.
--
Vihari Piratla.
http://about.me/viharipiratla

*Holonomic brain theory**
*

Re: usb-cameras for stereo imaging.

Stefán Freyr Stefánsson
Hi.

Well, you failed to mention what price range you're talking about but
here's one that's probably not all that cheap though:
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/bumblebee2/bumblebee2_stereo_camera.asp

As I said, this probably isn't your cheapest option but you'll probably get
away with a lot less hazzle using some pre-made rig like this.

Finally, in point 4 you mention that you don't care about the interface but
in the subject you mention usb-cameras. USB2 is a bad idea for stereo
vision since it doesn't give you hardware syncing between the cameras.
Firewire provides this which is why that's the main interface for these
things. I'm not sure what's happening with GigE and USB3 but as I
understood there was some attempt to make some standard for this but I
don't know if it involves syncing and stereo vision stuff.

Hope this helps somewhat.
-Stefan.

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Vihari Piratla <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello,
> Can anyone suggest me usb cameras... This is my application.
> 1) I will use a pair of them for stereo imaging.
> 2) Should have a reasonable resolution (more than 640*480).
> 3) fps more than 15HZ
> 4) Not bothered about the interface (usb or firewire anything is fine for
> me).
> Thank you.
> --
> Vihari Piratla.
> http://about.me/viharipiratla
>
> *Holonomic brain theory**
> *

Re: usb-cameras for stereo imaging.

Mohammed Baydoun
Hello,
Well this is a rather high priced camera.
Please suggest something good and below 300 $

2011/12/15 Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <[hidden email]>

> **
>

> Hi.
>
> Well, you failed to mention what price range you're talking about but
> here's one that's probably not all that cheap though:
> http://www.ptgrey.com/products/bumblebee2/bumblebee2_stereo_camera.asp
>
> As I said, this probably isn't your cheapest option but you'll probably
> get away with a lot less hazzle using some pre-made rig like this.
>
> Finally, in point 4 you mention that you don't care about the interface
> but in the subject you mention usb-cameras. USB2 is a bad idea for stereo
> vision since it doesn't give you hardware syncing between the cameras.
> Firewire provides this which is why that's the main interface for these
> things. I'm not sure what's happening with GigE and USB3 but as I
> understood there was some attempt to make some standard for this but I
> don't know if it involves syncing and stereo vision stuff.
>
> Hope this helps somewhat.
> -Stefan.
>

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Vihari Piratla <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>> Can anyone suggest me usb cameras... This is my application.
>> 1) I will use a pair of them for stereo imaging.
>> 2) Should have a reasonable resolution (more than 640*480).
>> 3) fps more than 15HZ
>> 4) Not bothered about the interface (usb or firewire anything is fine for
>> me).
>> Thank you.
>> --
>> Vihari Piratla.
>> http://about.me/viharipiratla
>>
>> *Holonomic brain theory**
>> *

Mohammed

Re: usb-cameras for stereo imaging.

osmaneralp-2

--- In [hidden email], Vihari Piratla <viharipiratla@...> wrote:

> Hello,
> Can anyone suggest me usb cameras... This is my application.
> 1) I will use a pair of them for stereo imaging.
> 2) Should have a reasonable resolution (more than 640*480).
> 3) fps more than 15HZ
> 4) Not bothered about the interface (usb or firewire anything is fine for
> me).

Here one: http://www.amazon.com/Minoru-3D-Webcam-Red-Chrome/dp/B001NXDGFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323994263&sr=8-1

--Osman