why CXCORE start use lapack in 2.0 version?

why CXCORE start use lapack in 2.0 version?

James Yan
what's wrong with original version?

===
CXCORE now uses Lapack (CLapack 3.1.1.1 in OpenCV 2.0) in its various linear
algebra functions
      (such as solve, invert, SVD, determinant, eigen etc.) and the
corresponding old-style functions
      (cvSolve, cvInvert etc.)

Re: why CXCORE start use lapack in 2.0 version?

Samuel Audet
My guess is that to enhance functionality in the future, it will be
easier to provide wrappers around LAPACK functions than having to
reprogram everything from scratch.. And it will also make it easy to
plug in optimized LAPACK compatible libraries such as MKL and CUBLAS
(well CULAPACK eventually maybe :)..

Samuel